Occupational therapy promotes a person’s wellness and independence within their everyday living environment. The goal of occupational therapy is to assist an individual to maximise their independence and enhance quality of life. Our occupational therapists work with people of all ages, with a wide range of conditions.
Our occupational therapists provide:
- Comprehensive assessment of daily living skills including personal, domestic and community skills.
- Assessment and modification of a client's living environment to improve safety and independence.
- Prescription, funding applications and education in the use of adapted equipment to maximise independence.
- Assessment of cognitive function including memory, problem solving and providing a retraining program or strategies to maximise independence.
- Assessment and therapeutic intervention to maximise upper limb and/or hand function.
- Education on work simplification and energy conservation techniques.
- Education on relaxation and stress management.
- Education on pain management.
- Advice to carers and/or family members on lifting and transferring techniques, including prescription of transfer equipment (e.g. hoists).
- Wheelchair prescription, modification and training.
- Advice on managing chronic health conditions.